Monday, March 5, 2012

Stan Lee Strikes Out!


Just about everyone has either read or seen Romeo & Juliet in some way. Whether is was in book form, or it was the version with Leonardo DiCaprio and lots of guns, we have all been bludgeoned with the tale of two fate struck lovers.

And purely for the fact that I like to hear myself talk(type?) I am going to explain this a little. The setting is always Verona, and there are two feuding families: the Montagues and the Capulets. The family is often fighting in the streets, causing problems for everyone.

But amidst the feud, a young adult from each of the two families become lovers. They had planned to get married or run off together to stop the feuding within the family. Blah blah blah, Romeo thinks Juliet was poisoned, so he kills himself. She ends up not being poisoned, and kills herself next to his now dead body.

It really is a great story, but not when it is based a gazillion years in the future, Stan Lee! That's what this blog post is about, a very futuristic version of Romeo & Juliet.



The basic story is the same for this graphic novel, but instead of ancient Verona, it is ultra futuristic. The two opposing families are actually cyborgs and genetically altered humans.

The families had worked together to make sure future Verona was super powerful, but when they destroy all threats, they turn to each other for blood.

Don't get me wrong, I love futuristic fantasy novels. But I think taking such an old slightly overused story and slapping technology in the mix was a bit of a stretch.  Of course that is my opinion, and you are all entitled to post comments on your own. But before that, I have a trailer. Enjoy!





The art looks decent, so the story would really have to rock to convince me. I sadly judge some novels by their covers so to speak, and I am probably not going to enjoy this one.

But who knows, I will try my best to get a hand on it and I will give it a true review. Until then, go out and buy it yourself, give it your own opinion and tell me to shut the hell up!

Linky links!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/1821comics
Website: http://1821comics.com/
Twitter: @1821Comics


My last Graphic Novel post.

13 Legends: http://lifeoframen.blogspot.com/2012/03/13-legends-graphic-novel.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment