Friday, March 16, 2012

A Journey Into the World of Feeble's Fable

Morning nerds, hopefully you all are in less pain than I am today. I decided to push myself a little harder than normal in my run yesterday, and my muscles are very irate about it. To top it all all, I fell pretty hard on my skateboard last night and now my ass hurts.


But nothing could stop me from writing you guys some new content! Especially when it has me as excited as it does today!


Why am I excited? I shall tell you why after I get some coffee. ... ... Yum :)


Ok, last night I was looking for what I was going to post about this morning so I started looking through other blogs, through some forums, and over a rainbow or two. My last stop as usual is Kickstarter.com.


I was sick of writing about projects that were almost funded, very popular, and didn't really need your help. So I decided to go to the newly created ones, browsed around for a little while and all of a sudden. A diamond in the rough appeared, something that immediately caught my attention.


That project was Feeble's Fable!



The second I saw the artwork, it plucked a couple heartstrings. It reminded me very closely to the feeling I got when I played Okage: Shadow King for the PS2. Very whimsical, cutsie, but also very dramatic with a very deep story line. 

The world of Feeble's Fable is filled with puzzles, and mystery. Everywhere you go, you can find new creatures to interact with. With art done by Justin Hillgrove, every place you go looks like it was just pulled out of a children's story book.


The monsters he created for this game hold emotion, very sad or happy creatures filling up every corner of the world. It kind of sets the mood for whats going on. If you are in a dark place with miserable creatures, you might start to feel some of their anguish. 

That is one thing that is lost in current games, they have great action, great everything. Except they don't know how to make the player feel things. If you can pull a player in emotionally, than he will play the entire game without blinking, I can guarantee it! Can you think of a time where you almost cried while playing a game?


I know I will be very upset if this game doesn't get funded, more so than anything I have reviewed so far. The industry needs this game. We need to be reminded that emotion is a part of stories! So please, I am asking you from the bottom of my nerdy heart. If you have an extra dollar, donate to this Kickstarter project. If you have a few extra, donate it! Tell your friends, tell your pets, tell the world!

I am ugly and I am proud! ;)



Update - March 9, 2012 (Animation!) from Atomic Chimp on Vimeo.

This game deserves the money that you were going to spend on cheese burgers today, so go check out the Kickstarter and spread the word!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeremy,

    Thank you for your kind words about our game. We appreciate that you get what we are trying to do. Please take a moment to sign up for our Feeble's Fable newsletter so that we can stay in touch.

    http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/manage/optin/ea?v=0017d_NIn09WGR0MjSMoQIVOTR0XJGT8hw1G_BBwXpZanajyBtoEqIk91DADvPcMhUTeCGHM_j9PxM%3D

    Warm regards,
    Michael Ingrassia
    Atomic Chimp Games

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Already done, thank you for taking the time to read my small time blog!

      Delete