Monday, January 21, 2013

Kickstart the Week with: Arrival - A Short Film by Alex Myung

New Site!

As you guys can see, I did a huge revamp of the site! It is still a work in progress like all great things, but I feel I am heading in the right direction. 

One of the things we spent most of our time on, was the new logo. Shelby Reynolds and myself spent hours upon hours going through logos that looked anywhere from really professional to insanely childish. Well, at my request and my designers dismay, we went right in the middle.

Logo for Life of Ramen
Life of Ramen Logo




I think in a really good way, the new logo represents what I try to deliver you guys. Posts from Life of Ramen deliver you all your childish desires, in as close to a professional way as possible. 







Kickstarter: Arrival: A Short Film by Alex Myung


This Monday's "Kickstarter of the Week" is by a man named Alex Myung. 

The reason I chose Arrival is because of the way that it actually portrays an emotion. I am going to let you guys watch the video and then we will discuss a little!





For one, Myung is an amazing artist! I really can't express how jealous I am when I compare my sketches to his; besides that, it is how personal the story will be to so many people makes it beautiful. I have a lot of friends that have been through the struggle of coming out to their friends and family. It is almost always nerve racking and emotionally trying.

Goal


Myung's goal for this project is to gain 20 thousand dollars, (which is fairly small comparatively) and this money will be going toward finishing the project in a timely fashion. 
Here is an info graphic on how the money you donate will be distributed! 


All of us have gone through a personal conflict, but the sad thing is a lot of us don't think we can relate to anyone. It feels like the end of the world because you don't think anyone can help you. Arrival will connect people to the fact that they are not the only ones going through a troubling situation.

Finito

If anything, you should take away the fact that Arrival is a beautiful piece of art, and Myung deserves to be funded. But for those of you who cannot help fund him, do what I do and reblog, retweet, like, whatever! 

Lastly, here are some goodies for you! Pics and stuff galore!









Resources!





1 comments:

  1. Let me just say how hard it is to work with this guy, JK. He is pretty interesting to work with. Very different styles but willing to compromise.

    ReplyDelete